Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Facebook Arnimalisms: Series 5

1) Sometimes I don’t want to “intellectualize” for fear of losing my empathy. A desensitized me is nothing but eyes with blank stares, ears that hear but do not listen, hands that stay limp and refuse to move.

2) For some, writing is their bread and butter. For me, writing can’t even be my milk and cookies. Though I love to write, I can’t write when someone tells me what to write. My mind instantly turns into a white board with a marker nervously waiting in the wings. I always get this weird feeling that my work won’t turn out right. That I would fail to convey exactly what needs to be conveyed.

3) If you teach English, practice what you preach. Capitalize the first letter in a stat update, unless your name is the start of your sentence. Refrain from using jejemon and text spelling. Check your punctuations. Watch your grammar. Just a friendly reminder, my friends.

4) Pet Peeve of the Day: Scrolling through news feeds and reading stat updates displaying the abuse and misuse of the misunderstood ellipsis. An ellipsis is not equal to three periods controlling themselves from screaming. An ellipsis is not even a period with two clones. Neither is it a substitute for a period or a comma. Review your punctuations, please!

5) I’m so glad that I’m no longer an English teacher because I cringe every time I read “super agree” and “very like.” Naman. Naman.

No comments: