Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 03, 2006

Alpha: The Beginning

It all started one April morning after finishing college for six years. Applying for a job scared the hell out of me even if I had an excellent transcript to boast of. Besides, I didn't really know what I wanted out of life. No, that's not right. I knew what I wanted. The problem was I wanted to be everything -- a copywriter, a news correspondent, a scriptwriter, a production manager, an editor and a researcher. But the bigger problem was deciding which of those positions I wanted very much. So, to keep myself from thinking about my future for a while (like maybe a hundred years or something ), I thought I'd write a book. Ha-ha! That's right. It's an absolute scream! I mean, I couldn't even finish a crappy story!

But then from out of the blue, it struck me! (Didn't leave any bruises, thanks a lot.) Books don't necessarily have to be a story or a novel for that matter. So, why not do a compilation? Yep, that's right. A compilation of the "best" and the "worst" I've written. This will keep me busy. It would also be something to show off to my children and grandchildren in the future. Something they'd laugh about after seeing re-runs of old home movies (as if I own a video camera right now. )

Oh to hell with what people would say. I am going to do this. For some laughs. A few guffaws. A little diversion.

So I plunge ...

Thanks a heap to the following (even if they'd never be able to read this):

DESIGN 5 a.k.a Architect What, for without him, I would have had no one to practice my talents with. All those with dirty minds, go dunk yourselves in a pail!

ELIZABETH PEREZ a.k.a Babeth P. in shorts and THE AGENT from Bulacan, for keeping the creative juices flowing and intact during the years when we still met eye-to-eye.

SO-SO GRADES and PLUTO of the execrable THE GEEK TRIUMVIRATE (me being ARNIstotle to complete the trio), for the outrageous letters and the "dream-on meetings of the mind."

SEAWEEDS, DORKY and MADER DIR for believing in me (Suckers!) and encouraging my poetic tendencies. (Aaaaaaaargh!)

The star-struck MS. (S)CAREY, for bringing out the best (and the worst?) in me.

and of course ...

JINGLE MAGAZINE (the chord book) for being there when the dreaded epidemic comes to visit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hehehe. arnivorous ha. comment to dun sa lahat ng mga isinulat mo. ayos yung mga love story at yung "panlalait" ah. hehe. pero ayun. ahm. sana magsulat ka pa ulit.

the arnivorous arnimal said...

Comments like yours make me want to come out of my writer's block. Maybe my literary muses will come back once they're done doing their tour on some other writers. Thank you for reading! =)