Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Why My American Co-Workers Think I'm Weird

1) I eat tuna with rice. – My co-workers laugh at me whenever I do this on a Taco Day at the hotel cafeteria. Since I absolutely hate tacos , whether soft or hard, I usually eat rice with tuna as my viand.

2) I use an umbrella even if it’s not raining. – People I pass by look at me strangely and shout, “Where’s the rain?” I just smile, move on and mutter to myself, “That’s why you have skin cancer, dude!”

3) I take my soup only after finishing my salad, entrée and dessert. – I hate hot soup because it makes me sweat before a meal. I’d rather sip it when it’s cold after I’m done eating everything.

4) I’m the only Asian (my boss has ever met) who does not know how to use a pair of chopsticks. – I guess my boss thinks Asians are always Japanese or Chinese. Hello! Back in the Philippines, we use fork and spoon. Some people even eat with their hands!

5) I put chocolate milk in my oatmeal. – This they think is the most disgusting thing I’ve ever done in the office. They scream “Nasty!” and shake their heads with a grimace to boot. I don’t care. Soaking my oatmeal in chocolate milk reminds me of champorado from back home.

2 comments:

ronval said...

spoons and forks? i sometimes use the ever reliable hand. =)

Anonymous said...

Miss, you're still sooo cute and funny... You haven't changed in that aspect. I miss you so much!